Entries Tagged 'Boot Camp' ↓
January 25th, 2015 — Boot Camp, Childhood Obesity, Chronic Diseases, Fast Food, Fitness, Functional Training, Gluttony, Hypertension, Kettlebell Training, Keys To Wellness, Nutrition, Obesity, Obesity Epidemic, Organic Diets, Overweight, Personal Trainer, Personal Training, Processed Foods, Resistance Training, San Francisco Personal Trainer, Type-2 Diabetes
The daily gluttony of fast food and processed foods combined with a completely sedentary lifestyle is the culprit to the worst epidemic to face the Plant Earth. Obesity is the disease of our time claiming an estimated 400,000 deaths in the United States each year. With no end in sight, if obesity rates stay consistent 51 percent of the population in the United States will be obese by 2030.
The obesity killer is spinning out of control yet hardly acceptable to discuss. As a Personal Trainer for over 15 years I have helped hundreds of people loss weight and change their lives. Needless to say I have spent thousands of hours in the gym and it is unfortunate to say that it is not common to see morbidly obese gym goers or personal training clients.
Have you ever heard “I am beautiful just the way I am?” This is a true statement. All people regardless of size or shape are worthy of respect, so make no mistake my intentions are to help fight the number one killer of our time. That said, this very assertion is an attempt pretending that obesity is not a problem because it may prevent hurt feelings! Please do not discuss the generalizations and stereotypes of obese people someone might feel embarrassed or upset. Wake the heck up people! Is our society in a place that hurt feelings outweigh 400,000 deaths each year?
Some perspective. Lets look at the facts and decide if curing the obesity epidemic should be at the front lines of discussion.
- Annual health care costs related to obesity in the U.S. is nearly $200 billion, and 21 percent of medical costs in the U.S. can be attributed to obesity.
- Obesity is linked to more than 60 chronic diseases.
- According to the American Cancer Society about one-third of cancer deaths are linked to excess body weight, poor nutrition and/or physical inactivity.
- Over 75 percent of hypertension cases are directly linked to obesity. Obesity is associated with nearly 1 in 5 US deaths, according to a study published online in the American Journal of Public Health.
- More than one-third (34.9% or 78.6 million) of U.S. adults are obese.
- More than one third of children and adolescents are overweight or obese. Approximately 17% or 12.7 million children and adolescents aged 2—19 years are obesity.
With no signs of the obesity disease abating we need to face the problem head on and educate the masses. The process should start with our children. Lets implement healthier school lunch programs, increase the physical education budget, and create mandatory nutrition and healthy lifestyle courses for our youth. Obesity is a preventable condition that starts with a healthy discussion, mindset and knowledge. Now is the time to put an end to the obesity disease.
April 17th, 2010 — Boot Camp, Fitness, Functional Training, Kettlebell Training, Personal Training CEC's, Resistance Training, Santa Cruz CA Personal Trainer, Santa Cruz CA Personal Training
Sign up now for this phenomenal course and earn CEC’s towards your personal training certification through the American Council on Exercise. The Lebert Fitness Equalizer Course is 6 hours and will review a 44 page manual that will increase your skill set as a personal trainer. The Lebert Fitness Equalizer takes functional body weight training to the next level!
Please visit the link to sign up:
January 3rd, 2010 — Boot Camp, CA Boot Camp, Fitness, Keys To Wellness, Losing Weight, Nutrition, Obesity, Resistance Training, Santa Cruz CA Personal Trainer, Santa Cruz CA Personal Training, Santa Cruz Personal Trainer
A new year, a new decade, a clean slate to start over, and make positive changes in your life. 2010 has arrived and it is going to be a phenomenal year!
Fitness and weight loss is amongst the most popular New Year’s Resolutions. Every gym parking lot across the nation will be packed in the following months. Gym memberships will spike, new timid faces with wide eyes will emerge, everyone is pumped up to lose weight, and begin their journey to achieve a healthy lifestyle.
This interesting phenomenon will slowing start to dwindle down in March. Statistics show that this New Year’s gym enthusiasm does not last. In fact, most people do not stick with resolutions beyond a few weeks.
Here are 6 tips to keep you on track to accomplish weight loss and fitness results in 2010:
1. Sit down with a qualified personal trainer to discus medical history, fitness goals, postural analysis, body composition, exercise testing, exercise prescription, and nutrition. Most gyms offer a free fitness assessment. Take advantage of this service and do not blindly try to create your own workout regimen.
2. Project clear, thought out, short term and long term goals. Track progress and create a schedule. You will see results if you are putting in the time with a proper workout program.
3. Make sure to reward yourself when you hit goals in your new found healthy lifestyle. This does not mean loafing on the couch with a carton of Ben and Jerry’s. Choose healthy, positive rewards, such as, a massage, a soak in the hot tub, a new I-Pod, new running shoes, or new workout clothes.
4. Keep a food Journal and choose the good stuff. A food journal is a powerful way to hold yourself accountable. Write down what you ate, the portion, time of day, and how you felt. This will help you understand your eating habits. People often eat out of emotion and stress. Work it out and uncover these triggers.
5. Have fun and enjoy your new found healthy lifestyle. A training partner is another great way to make your time in the gym social and fun. Try switching up your workout in the gym with outdoor recreational activities.
6. Be positive. Negative thoughts create stress and zap your energy. Believe in yourself, repeat positive affirmations, enjoy the excitement and opportunities of the future. Positive thoughts will be empowering, give you energy, motivation, and help keep you focused!
August 8th, 2009 — Boot Camp, CA Boot Camp, Fitness, Functional Training, Kettlebell Training, Keys To Wellness, Losing Weight, Obesity, Resistance Training, Santa Cruz CA Personal Training
FITNESS PLATEAUS STAND NO CHANCE. Get up, Sign Up, Get the Results you Deserve!
Do you want to lose weight?
Get in shape and stay in shape?
Maybe reduce stress in your life?
Perhaps you’re serious about improving your overall health?
The good news is that every one of those goals can be accomplished with Lifestyle Fitness Boot Camp.
Get ready to Squat, Lunge, Push, Pull, Twist, Spin, and Bend the pounds away! You will burn up to 600 calories each session, facilitating weight loss.
Our highly certified, educated, and experienced staff of personal trainers will motivate, encourage, and guide you to fitness results and weight loss. Experience Fitness Forward Camp and experience a fun, innovative, and dynamic workout!
Lifestyle Fitness Boot Camp benefits are tremendous!
- Functional, full body movements
- Total-body workout that’s varied, fun, and challenging
- Increase core stability
- Improve muscular balance, joint stability, and performance
- Movements convey to sport and daily life
- Improved neuromuscular coordination
- Save time working several muscle groups at once
- Improve your posture
- Prevent injury
- Improve balance
- Ignite Energy
Each client will rise to full potential.
Teamwork and camaraderie is created within the group.
You will look and feel your best.
Lifestyle Fitness, Inc. – Santa Cruz, CA